Vestry Candidate: David Charlton
1. I would like to serve on the St. Cross Vestry because: St Cross has added significant meaning to my life over the past several years and I am keen to contribute and help the church continue its wide range of missions within the South Bay and beyond. I found my previous time serving on the vestry stimulating, rewarding and energizing, and would like to be able to help again - to contribute to our church to the best of my ability.
2. In my life’s work, I am/have been particularly good at these skills: General management, with a particular focus on leading and managing large complex projects and teams; Business planning, and Sales and marketing strategy; Strategic thinking as part of a leadership team; Consultancy/counsel to senior business leaders.
3. Other skills that I have which could be valuable on the Vestry: I believe in striving to be a life-long learner. (I am a father of two young girls - which is a part of a continuing learning challenge/opportunity); As a member of a multi-racial family I am an active member of my Daughters schools Diversity Equity and Inclusion effort; I have recently taking on overseeing a significant construction project which gives me insight and experience that could be helpful with several of our up-coming rental property decisions (that we are likely going to need to make in the next few years.)
4. Special hobbies/interests which I enjoy: Paddle-surfing; Studying viniculture and its current trends; Learning along-side my 7-year-old daughter to play the piano.
5. The area of ministry that interests me most is: Caring for those in our community who are experiencing homelessness; Planning for the long-term health of our church through a thoughtful approach to maintaining and updating our rental property portfolio..