Refugees, Asylees, Advent and Christmas
You heard in my sermon last week that St. Cross Vestry has agreed to keep the 1732 basement apartment available for refugees or asylees.* The asylees from Russia we have sponsored the past two years are on the path to citizenship after being granted refugee status and now live independently.
Here are a few things to be aware of:
- Giving Tree--last day to turn in gifts
- Women's Bible Study--Wed 9am, Maya Angelou poetry and Advent
- Longest Night--Wed 7 pm, for those who have feelings of loss and sadness during the holidays
- Pageant--DEC 20 (not any other date but the 20th) Dress up as your fav pageant character to watch the pageant and send us a photo
- Christmas Service--4 pm for Families, 6pm for everyone. Communion 7-8:30 in the parking lot with music as you drive through.